Ocean Ridge Plantation®® (1) is conveniently located along the south east coast of North Carolina between historic Wilmington, North Carolina and the allure of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Plantation’s mature landscape and proximity to quaint and beautiful Sunset Beach offers a relaxing coastal lifestyle that embraces coastal living within a sought after upscale golf community.
Be as laid back or active as you want with over 65 clubs and organizations, miles of walking and biking trails, ocean front beach club, four golf courses, fitness center, tennis court, nature parks, indoor and outdoor pools, community garden and much more. Just minutes to restaurants, shopping, marinas, entertainment, medical facilities, schools and pristine Sunset Beach, the community offers something for everyone.
The pride that the home and property owners take in their community is reflected in the beautifully landscaped 2,000 acre community, of which more than 900 acres are open green spaces parks and preserves. It is also demonstrated by their efforts to maintain architectural continuity throughout all neighborhoods, thereby preserving the aesthetic qualities of the community and the enhancing property values.
There is a healthy resale market in the community. Fred Thorne, a fifteen year resident and can show and introduce to this community. Home sites from the $40’s and homes from the $300’s
Exquisitely designed homes, golf courses and amenities have made this established community a place many find easy to call home. Within the gates you’ll discover inviting residential neighborhoods featuring lush landscapes, serene ponds and lakes, protected woodlands and manicured lawns, gardens and fairways.
Golf is one of the centerpieces of the Ocean RidgeSM lifestyle. The Big CatsSM of Ocean RidgeSM boasts some of the most exhilarating golf experiences on the east coast. Leopard's Chase®, Lion’s Paw®, Panther’s Run® and Tiger’s Eye® offer first-rate golfing in superb settings, and each course is as distinct as it is satisfying.
Other community amenities include:
- Plantation Clubhouse with members lounge and property owners library
- Grilling pavilion with picnic terrace
- Indoor and outdoor pools, children’s pool
- Dry and steam saunas
- Indoor and outdoor hot tub
- Tennis courts, boccie court and horse shoe pits
- 4-acre fishing lake
- Two onsite restaurants, Tamers and Tiger’s Eye Grill
- Nature Park with 3,500 square foot outdoor pavilion and recreational area
- Oceanfront beach club at Sunset Beach
- Miles of walking & biking trails
- Community gardens
- Over 65 property owner sponsored clubs and organizations
- Tiger’s Eye® ranked No. 6 public course in North Carolina, by Golf Digest magazine
- Tiger’s Eye® Golf Links ranked No. 3 in the “Top Ten Nation’s Favorites,” by Golf Travel Annual 2006
- Panther’s Run® named a "Top 100 Fairways" in the U.S., by Golf for Women magazine
- Panther’s Run® nominated for “Best New Courses,” by Golf Digest
- Lion’s Paw® awarded a "4 Star" rating, by Golf Digest magazine’s “Places to Play”
- Leopard's Chase® "10 Best New public Golf Courses in America" by Golf Digest®, 2008.
- Leopard's Chase® top "10 New Courses You Can Play", Golf Magazine®, 2008
- Contact Fred Thorne a 15 year resident of the community for you tour.
(1) Ocean Ridge Plantation®. The Broker, REALTOR® is NOT affiliated with the Developer, Coastal Communities at Ocean Ridge Plantation® or Ocean Ridge Realty.